Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Linkedin analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Linkedin SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Linkedin to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Linkedin is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Linkedin SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Linkedin SWOT Analysis:
For Linkedin, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Linkedin looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Linkedin :
1. Linkedin is known for credible professional accounts including companies, professionals & aspirants
2. Linkedin is very popular brand amongst corporates giving huge potential for employees and helps building career
3. Its main features help in effective filtering of searches, finding business contacts & connecting with them
4. Detailing of every Linkedin profile is very crisp and covers almost all aspects of one's professional career
5. Professionals looking for career growth & employment are very active on the platform
6. Linkedin is a very useful, and powerful, tool to promote your brand
7. Highlights your professionalism & trusted professional site
8. Linkedin has more than 500 million active users worldwide
9. More than 11000 people are employed with the brand
10. Linkedin has a strong backing of its parent brand Microsoft
11. Acquisition of SlideShare, Lynda, Connectifier have strengthened its product offering
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Linkedin SWOT Analysis:
1. Allegations against the company for invasion of privacy through email has hurt its brand image
2. Fake profiles & alleged data leaks have hurt Linkedin in the past
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Linkedin SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding globally specially in the emerging economies can be a huge boost for Linkedin
2. Integration with voice & audio call softwares can help the platform in increasing professional connections
3. Partnership with mobile operators to increase reach
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Linkedin are as mentioned:
1. Government regulations for maintaining privacy can hurt Linkedin
2. New upcoming professional networking websites
3. Fake accounts and data leaks can be an issue which affect Linkedin's business operations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Linkedin:
Linkedin is an efficient professional networking platform connecting professionals globally
Internet utilizing computer users
Youth inclined towards internet usage and Business networking
Linkedin is positioned as a business & professional social networking and identity service
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Linkedin. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute