21st Century Fox SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of 21st Century Fox, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like 21st Century Fox to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. 21st Century Fox is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the 21st Century Fox SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the 21st Century Fox SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For 21st Century Fox, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of 21st Century Fox looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of 21st Century Fox :
1. Their assets include big brands in both films and television including 20th Century fox, Fox network and Star TV. Some of the biggest movies are owned by the company through its subsidiaries
2. International presence with numerous channels
3. Brand equity of its subsidiaries built over the years and being the legal predecessor of News Corp.
4. Its diverse offerings and presence across all aspects of entertainment ecosystem consisting of content creation, distribution, broadcasting, etc.
5. It also has TV channels and Movies across genres catering to every target segment.
6.The company has over 27,000+ people employed with the organization
7.Apart from media and studios related to movies, it also has big brand subsidiaries like Fox Sports, National Geographic etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the 21st Century Fox SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing number of media channels means limited market share
2. Copyright patent issues are something which the media houses have to constantly fight for
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in 21st Century Fox SWOT Analysis:
1. Maximizing its global reach, strengthen its foreign presence
2. Opportunities for acquisitions
3. Expansion into digital media and creating online platforms for entertainment
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of 21st Century Fox are as mentioned:
1. Increasing piracy and illegal downloads in developing countries. Lack of sufficient laws to protect intellectual property.
2. Increasing competition in the entertainment space
3. Shifting consumer preferences. Consumers have started moving towards low-cost digital media like Netflix.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of 21st Century Fox:
1. Time Warner
2. Walt Disney
3. NBC Universal
Hence this concludes the 21st Century Fox SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|21st Century Fox Overview|
21st Century Fox
Broadcasting and Cables
Global Mass media house
|21st Century Fox STP|
Multi – segment marketing
Caters to population across ages in both films and television programs
Media for all viewers for all age groups
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to 21st Century Fox. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us