Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of 21st Century Fox analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In 21st Century Fox SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like 21st Century Fox to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. 21st Century Fox is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the 21st Century Fox SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top 21st Century Fox competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
21st Century Fox SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Caters to population across ages in both films and television programs
Media for all viewers for all age groups
SWOT Analysis of 21st Century Fox
21st Century Fox Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of 21st Century Fox:
1. Their assets include big brands in both films and television including 20th Century fox, Fox network and Star TV. Some of the biggest movies are owned by the company through its subsidiaries 2. International presence with numerous channels
3. Brand equity of its subsidiaries built over the years and being the legal predecessor of News Corp.
4. Its diverse offerings and presence across all aspects of entertainment ecosystem consisting of content creation, distribution, broadcasting, etc. 5. It also has TV channels and Movies across genres catering to every target segment.
6.The company has over 27,000+ people employed with the organization
7.Apart from media and studios related to movies, it also has big brand subsidiaries like Fox Sports, National Geographic etc
21st Century Fox Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the 21st Century Fox SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing number of media channels means limited market share
2. Copyright patent issues are something which the media houses have to constantly fight for
21st Century Fox Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in 21st Century Fox SWOT Analysis:
1. Maximizing its global reach, strengthen its foreign presence 2. Opportunities for acquisitions 3. Expansion into digital media and creating online platforms for entertainment
21st Century Fox Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of 21st Century Fox are as mentioned:
1. Increasing piracy and illegal downloads in developing countries. Lack of sufficient laws to protect intellectual property. 2. Increasing competition in the entertainment space 3. Shifting consumer preferences. Consumers have started moving towards low-cost digital media like Netflix.
21st Century Fox Competition
21st Century Fox Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of 21st Century Fox:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to 21st Century Fox. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute