NBC International SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of NBC International analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In NBC International SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like NBC International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. NBC International is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the NBC International SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the NBC International SWOT Analysis:
For NBC International, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
NBC International Strengths
The strengths of NBC International looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NBC International :
1. NBC offers a diversified portfolio consisting complete media offerings ranging from film, internet, cable TV, publishing
2. NBC has existed since 1939 and has a strong brand name which is advantageous when launching new network channels, forming partnerships etc. 3. Its news & media content is highly trusted by the US audience which it caters to 4. With its acquisition by Comcast, it gives both the options to expand in untapped markets across US
5. NBC owns and operates eleven stations and nearly 200 affiliates throughout US
NBC International Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the NBC International SWOT Analysis:
1. NBC operates in just a single market - US market
2. Due to increased number of networks, the company has experienced drop in revenues in recent time 3. Its inability to utilize its brand name effectively has also been a problem
NBC International Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in NBC International SWOT Analysis:
1. It can expand globally as it is a well-known brand even outside US
2. Partnerships with online companies especially google to launch new initiatives and help expand into other markets 3. Acquisitions to expand its consumer base can also help, it will also help in reducing competition
NBC International Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NBC International are as mentioned:
1. In recent times companies have preferred to spend their marketing revenues on Internet and Social media platforms 2. Loss in revenues incurred by piracy of its channels and illegal streaming over internet 3. Fierce competition in the ad sales and viewership amongst the major TV channels
NBC International Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of NBC International:
1. ABC networks 2. CBS 3. FOX
Hence this concludes the NBC International SWOT analysis.
Leading production and marketing house of entertainment, news, and information products and services
NBC International STP
All sections across all demographics
Capture wide audience across all sections
A one stop place for news, entertainment, movies, music etc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NBC International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute