Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Scholastic Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Scholastic Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Scholastic Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Scholastic Corporation is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Scholastic Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Scholastic Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Best content to encourage intellectual and personal growth of all children
Scholastic Corporation STP
Educational printing and publishing
All kinds of Children’s books
Provider of outstanding books, classroom magazines and educational programs
SWOT Analysis of Scholastic Corporation
Scholastic Corporation Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Scholastic Corporation:
1. Largest publisher and distributor of children's books in the world 2. Global reach, serving customers in 45 languages and more than 150 countries 3. Leader in educational technology and services and children's media 4. Has a great corporate responsibility which is an added advantage to meet the regions of Expansion
5. Strong brandname and extensive distribution
Scholastic Corporation Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Scholastic Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited markets share and Growth in online sales 2.Overdependence on US market and government 3.No other segment except Children segment is targeted
Scholastic Corporation Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Scholastic Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Partnering with communities helps bring books and reading to all children
2.Sharing resources with those companies which support similar interests
3.Major other segments to expand its product portfolio
Scholastic Corporation Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Scholastic Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition by the regional publishers of different countries 2.Rapid changes in the educational structure of different countries 3.Global players entering into the children’s segment due to high margins
Scholastic Corporation Competition
Scholastic Corporation Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Scholastic Corporation:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Scholastic Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute