Apple iPhone SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Apple iPhone, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Apple iPhone is one of the leading brands in the mobile handsets sector. The article below lists the Apple iPhone SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Apple iPhone looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Apple iPhone :
1. iPhone is the flagship mobile phone brand owned by the company Apple
2. Apple iPhone is one of the most sought after mobile phone brand due to its exclusivity & high brand recall
3. The brand has a strong backing of its parent company
4. iPhone uses a complete marketing strategy including TV commercials, print ads, online advertising etc.
5. The brand has a strong following on social media platforms & focuses a lot of digital marketing
6. More than 2 billion iPhones have been sold worldwide ever since is launch
7. The smartphone offers best in class design & features like retina scans, camera, waterproofing, large screens, 5G etc.
8. iPhone releases a new upgraded version annually thereby engaging its loyal customers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Apple iPhone SWOT Analysis:
1. With the increase in competition, sustaining a large customer base has affected its margins
2. Issues over customer information privacy & legal battle in the past can hurt the brand image
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Apple iPhone SWOT Analysis:
1. iPhone can continue to innovate & reach out to newer markets globally
2. Constant innovation to make mobile phones much more compact, fast & newer features can attract more customers
3. The brand should continue to maintain its image as an aspirational product & build more on its legacy
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Apple iPhone are as mentioned:
1. Increasing business of competitors can affect the business of iPhone
2. Lack of differentiation of the brand from cheaper smartphones can hurt its sales
3. Economic recession, pandemic, changing government policies can affect the sales of iPhone
Hence this concludes the Apple iPhone SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Apple iPhone
|Apple iPhone Overview|
The worlds thinnest smart phone; Apple reinvents the phone
iOS & AppStore having more than 2 million apps for customers
|Apple iPhone STP|
Stylish and smart touch phones
Urban young from middle and upper class
Device which is helps in communication and also serves as an entertainment device
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Apple iPhone. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us