Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Holiday Inn analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Holiday Inn SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Holiday Inn to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Holiday Inn is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Holiday Inn SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Holiday Inn competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
People who want a getaway from the stressful lives
Creating a place where the guests can take their gameface off, relax and just be themselves
SWOT Analysis of Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Holiday Inn:
1. High brand recall and visibility due to excellent advertising 2. Over 1200 hotels worldwide 3. Entering new markets across continents 4. Parent company has a high brand value as well
5. Offers a range of hotels to choose from 6. Over 100 million guest nights per annum shows customer satisfaction
Holiday Inn Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Holiday Inn SWOT Analysis:
1. Still trying to increase penetration in the emerging economies 2. Huge number of competitors means limited market share
Holiday Inn Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Holiday Inn SWOT Analysis:
1. Travelers are looking for new destinations 2. Country specific seasonal offers
Holiday Inn Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Holiday Inn are as mentioned:
1. Increasing costs for operations indirectly affecting hotel rates 2.Decline in tourism industry due to natural disasters, terror activities etc 3. Intense competition globally from renowned as well as local hotels
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Holiday Inn. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute