Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 08, 2021
SWOT analysis of Marriott analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Marriott SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Marriott to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Marriott is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The article below lists the Marriott SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Marriott SWOT Analysis:
For Marriott, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Marriott looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Marriott :
1. High brand recognition and recall 2. Technical innovations to improve customer experiences and Constant upgrade of business processes 3. Good employee retention with a total workforce of 150,000 4. Has over 3700 hotels and resorts in over 70 countries
5. Various brands range from attainable to aspirational
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Marriott SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from long established hotel chains means limited market share 2. Global expansion and high number of hotels may lead to brand dilution
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Marriott SWOT Analysis:
1. High potential in emerging markets 2. Innovation in customer services 3. Better interiors/Well done renovations
4. Indian and as well as global hospitality sectors are looking at a boom
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Marriott are as mentioned:
1. Entry of several international brands along with the strong hold of long standing, well established Indian brands 2. Competition on price points 3. Stagnated growth
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Marriott:
A World of Opportunity; Your home away from home; Live Like a Local
Global market leadership
Leisure travelers , business travelers, premium travelers
Upper class, honeymooners, corporates, families
Prime location and luxury living
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Marriott. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute