SWOT Analysis of CEAT Limited with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Born tough; Take it on
Products are known for durability and superior quality
Automobile industry, Specialty and Farm equipment
2-wheelers, passenger car, luxury cars, heavy vehicles,
Trusted brand with quality and reliability for decades, ISO accreditions
1. CEAT is India’s second biggest tyre company with an annual turnover of more than Rs.3500 Cr and more than 5000 employees 2. Superior quality products at competitive prices 3. High degree of customer satisfaction 4. Vendors are 100% ISO certified
5. CEAT is the first tyre company in India to get the ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification, which is a combination of ISO 9000 and QS 9000.
6. Company has built a strong Brand image over the decades and exports to over 100 countries
7. They have extensive distribution network with dealers and stockists throughout the country
8. R&D initiatives have been inspirational for eg: tubeless tyres
1. Less presence in the international markets compared to industry leaders despite exporting to many countries 2.Stiff competition from Indian and international brands means limited marker share
1. Improved road infrastructure has increased the demands of tyres especially for Heavy Vehicles. 2. Opportunities in markets abroad 3. Growth of India is upbeat, hence improved lifestyle of people with increase in demand for goods augurs well
1.Volatility in raw material prices. 2. Increasing prices of Crude Oil. 3. Stiff competition both from national and international companies.
4. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
5. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
6. Fluctuations in exchange rates 7. Cheaper Imports from China
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.