Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of JetBlue Airways analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In JetBlue Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JetBlue Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. JetBlue Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the JetBlue Airways SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top JetBlue Airways competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
In-spite of being a major player, it is not a member of any of the airlines alliances
JetBlue Airways STP
Middle class/Price sensitive upper middle class
Customers looking for low cost and high quality
Low cost carrier
SWOT Analysis of JetBlue Airways
JetBlue Airways Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JetBlue Airways:
1. Recipient of Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low Cost Carriers in North America Award for 8 consecutive years, thus has a very strong brand image in America 2. New and efficient aircrafts (youngest fleet amongst any major U.S. airline) 3. It was one of only few airlines which reported profit after the decline in airline industry post 9/11 attack 4. High customer satisfaction due to various facilities such as satellite radio, T.V set on each seat and all this at a low fare as compares to other players in the industry
5. Serves as a popular low-cost airline across 75 destinations
JetBlue Airways Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the JetBlue Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. It has less international destinations. Does not have presence in Asia and other unsaturated market 2. Higher costs linked to airline's several facilities are making the company less competitive
JetBlue Airways Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in JetBlue Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. America is the single largest market in the world 2. Introduction of new planes has created the opportunity for new routes 3. Huge scope to expand in the Asian market
JetBlue Airways Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JetBlue Airways are as mentioned:
1. Most of the major airlines have undergone cost reformation to reduce the air fare 2. Rising fuel prices and problem of availability of fuel 3. Fluctuation in the demand of air travel especially after terrorists attack
JetBlue Airways Competition
JetBlue Airways Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of JetBlue Airways:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JetBlue Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute