JetBlue Airways SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of JetBlue Airways, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
JetBlue Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the JetBlue Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For JetBlue Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of JetBlue Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JetBlue Airways :
1. Recipient of Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low Cost Carriers in North America Award for 8 consecutive years, thus has a very strong brand image in America
2. New and efficient aircrafts (youngest fleet amongst any major U.S. airline)
3. It was one of only few airlines which reported profit after the decline in airline industry post 9/11 attack
4. High customer satisfaction due to various facilities such as satellite radio, T.V set on each seat and all this at a low fare as compares to other players in the industry
5. Serves as a popular low-cost airline across 75 destinations
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the JetBlue Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. It has less international destinations. Does not have presence in Asia and other unsaturated market
2. Higher costs linked to airline's several facilities are making the company less competitive
Read more about JetBlue Airways
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in JetBlue Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. America is the single largest market in the world
2. Introduction of new planes has created the opportunity for new routes
3. Huge scope to expand in the Asian market
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JetBlue Airways are as mentioned:
1. Most of the major airlines have undergone cost reformation to reduce the air fare
2. Rising fuel prices and problem of availability of fuel
3. Fluctuation in the demand of air travel especially after terrorists attack
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of JetBlue Airways:
1. AMR corporation
2. Delta Airlines
3. Southwest Airlines
4. Sky West Inc
Hence this concludes the JetBlue Airways SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|JetBlue Airways Overview|
JetBlue Airways Corporation
Mainly domestic market of America but also International
You Above All
In-spite of being a major player, it is not a member of any of the airlines alliances
|JetBlue Airways STP|
Middle class/Price sensitive upper middle class
Customers looking for low cost and high quality
Low cost carrier
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JetBlue Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us