Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 16, 2021
SWOT analysis of Mahindra & Mahindra analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mahindra & Mahindra SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mahindra & Mahindra to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mahindra & Mahindra is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Mahindra & Mahindra SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Mahindra & Mahindra SWOT Analysis:
For Mahindra & Mahindra, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Mahindra & Mahindra Strengths
The strengths of Mahindra & Mahindra looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mahindra & Mahindra :
1. Mahindra has been one of the strongest brands in the Indian automobile market 2. Mahindra group give employment to over 110,000 employees 3. Excellent branding and advertising, and low after sales service cost 4. Sturdy SUV’s good for Indian roads and off-road terrain
Mahindra & Mahindra Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Mahindra & Mahindra SWOT Analysis:
1. Mahindra’s partnership with Renault did not live up to international quality standards through their brand Logan
Mahindra & Mahindra Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Mahindra & Mahindra SWOT Analysis:
1. Developing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future 2.Tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand 3.Fast growing automobile market 4.Growing in the market through electric car Reva (controlling stake) and entry into two-wheeler segments
Mahindra & Mahindra Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mahindra & Mahindra are as mentioned:
1. Government policies for the automobile sector across the world 2. Ever increasing fuel prices 3. Intense competition from global automobile brands 4. Substitute modes of public transport like buses, metro trains etc
Mahindra & Mahindra Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Mahindra & Mahindra:
Mahindra SUV’s have a stronghold in the Indian commercial taxi market which have good performance o tough terrains
Mahindra & Mahindra STP
Complete automobile segment including sedans & SUV’s
Young executives from the upper-middle income bracket
A brand which promotes new thinking, accepts no limits and drives positive change
Mahindra & Mahindra Product Portfolio
1. Mahindra Bolero 2. Mahindra Renault Logan
3. Mahindra Scorpio 4. Mahindra Verito
5. Mahindra Xylo
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Mahindra & Mahindra product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mahindra & Mahindra. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute