Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of CEAT Limited analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In CEAT Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like CEAT Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. CEAT Limited is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top CEAT Limited competitors and includes CEAT Limited target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Products are known for durability and superior quality
CEAT Limited STP
CEAT Limited Segmentation
Automobile industry, Specialty and Farm equipment
CEAT Limited Target Market
2-wheelers, passenger car, luxury cars, heavy vehicles,
CEAT Limited Positioning
Trusted brand with quality and reliability for decades, ISO accreditions
CEAT Limited SWOT Analysis
CEAT Limited Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of CEAT Limited:
1. CEAT is India’s second biggest tyre company with an annual turnover of more than Rs.3500 Cr and more than 5000 employees 2. Superior quality products at competitive prices 3. High degree of customer satisfaction 4. Vendors are 100% ISO certified
5. CEAT is the first tyre company in India to get the ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification, which is a combination of ISO 9000 and QS 9000.
6. Company has built a strong Brand image over the decades and exports to over 100 countries
7. They have extensive distribution network with dealers and stockists throughout the country
8. R&D initiatives have been inspirational for eg: tubeless tyres
CEAT Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the CEAT Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Less presence in the international markets compared to industry leaders despite exporting to many countries 2.Stiff competition from Indian and international brands means limited marker share
CEAT Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in CEAT Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Improved road infrastructure has increased the demands of tyres especially for Heavy Vehicles. 2. Opportunities in markets abroad 3. Growth of India is upbeat, hence improved lifestyle of people with increase in demand for goods augurs well
CEAT Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of CEAT Limited are as mentioned:
1.Volatility in raw material prices. 2. Increasing prices of Crude Oil. 3. Stiff competition both from national and international companies.
4. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
5. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
6. Fluctuations in exchange rates 7. Cheaper Imports from China
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to CEAT Limited. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the Brand or Add a New One : Contribute to BrandGuide