Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hankook analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hankook SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hankook to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hankook is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the Hankook SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hankook competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Hi-technology and continuous innovation with global operations to fulfill varied demands of customer’s world over.
Passenger car, winter, truck, and bus tires, automobile and equipment using micro-HEV batteries and batteries for renewable energy storage; industrial-use brakes; and steel belt cutters, bead winners, tire builders and curing press for tire manufacturing industries.
Leading Global Tire Company, Excellent quality, customer-oriented approach
SWOT Analysis of Hankook
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hankook:
1. Company was Korea’s first tire manufacturing company and has been the largest manufacturer of tire since its inception in 1941 2. They have global reach with its tires being sold in more than 180 countries of the world 3. They are a rapidly growing company with increasing annual growth 4. Company is known for its excellent technology and believes in continuous innovation through its 5 R & D centers
5. They have 5 plants at present in three countries and have capacity projects in China and Indonesia
6. Company has healthy financial position.
7. Wide range of portfolio helps company satisfy varied demands of the customers all over the world.
Here are the weaknesses in the Hankook SWOT Analysis:
1. They have less visibility in emerging economy like India, Brazil 2. Lack of diversification
Following are the Opportunities in Hankook SWOT Analysis:
1.They have growth opportunity in emerging economies like India, China, Brazil etc. 2. Opportunity to diversify more strategically to mitigate the risk of putting all the eggs in one basket
3. Opportunity to improve its market share in motorbike category
4. Communicating their eco-friendly approach and improving visibility in market
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hankook are as mentioned:
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. European economy is not growing and has reached a maturity phase but it has its max sales in European 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hankook. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute