Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dunlop analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dunlop SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dunlop to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Dunlop is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dunlop competitors and includes Dunlop target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Drive with confidence; The Arrival is as important as the Journey; Drivers know; Driving to the Future; For smooth, comfortable ride
Strong brand equity and brand presence
Dunlop Target Market
Motorsport, Vintage, SUVs, Heavy vehicles
High quality brand over decades, internationally acclaimed and used
Dunlop SWOT Analysis
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dunlop:
1. Started in 1888 they are the pioneer of pneumatic tyres, they have tremendous brand equity. 2. Company has pioneered many technologies for ensuring comfortable experience on tough and varied terrains worldwide 3. It has good visibility in motorsports and vintage car category with every year over 300,000 tyres being produced and sold 4. Dunlop has developed strategic partnerships with other tire majors for selling their brand tires in different countries thus taking a step to cover vast geographical area at minimum logistic constraints.
5. Along with tires they have also service centers providing other car systems maintenance and repairs
Here are the weaknesses in the Dunlop SWOT Analysis:
1.Doesn’t have good visibility and market in 2 wheeler segment. 2.Since brands are being held by different Companies in different regions it might lead to brand dilution it may lose its significance
Following are the Opportunities in Dunlop SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to encash on the Automobile boom in developing countries like India and Brazil 2. Innovation and cost-cutting measures may bring them more revenues in this highly competitive industry
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dunlop are as mentioned:
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands
2 Volatility in raw material prices 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
5. Rising prices of crude oil may have an adverse effect on the industry
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dunlop. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute