Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 01, 2021
SWOT analysis of Harley Davidson analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Harley Davidson to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Harley Davidson is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Harley Davidson SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Harley Davidson competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Escape; Respect; Life is a highway; Cage Free Humans
Harley Davidson is the most popular branded cruiser motorcycle with a popular brand legacy
Harley Davidson STP
Men looking for cruiser bikes and motorcycles
Affluent upper middle and upper class men in metros
Harley Davidson is a bike for the men who want to have respect in life and on the road
SWOT Analysis of Harley Davidson
For Harley Davidson, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis:
Harley Davidson Strengths
The strengths of Harley Davidson looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Harley Davidson :
1. Harley Davidson is a leader in motorcycle innovation since its inception in 1903 in USA
2. Harley Davidson has a strong brand equity and brand loyalty amongst its owners
3. The company has a strong financial position owing to good sales worldwide
4. More than 200,000 motorcycles are manufactured by the company annually
5. Social media forums, biker groups and merchandising has made Harley Davidson a very popular iconic "cult" brand globally
6. Good product range offered by the company which includes models like Touring, Softail, Dyna, Sportster, Vrod, Street and LiveWire
7. Harley Davidson bikes are available in more than 50 countries worldwide
8. The brand has excellent marketing and advertising across the world
9. Harley Davidson themed restaurants, clubs, museums are extremely popular with the youth
10. Product placement of the brand has been done in several Hollywood movies & documentaries
Harley Davidson Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from other motorcycle manufacturers means limited market share growth for Harley Davidson
2. The company often faces allegations over polluting the environment
Harley Davidson Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets and expansion abroad can be a big opportunity for Harley Davidson
2. Product diversification and services expansion can increase its business
3. Expanding demographics can be a way to expand business for the company
Harley Davidson Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Harley Davidson are as mentioned:
1. Competition from other manufacturers can affect Harley Davidson's business
2. External changes due to government policies, politics, taxes etc.
3. Lower cost competitors or imports can lead to business impact
Harley Davidson Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Harley Davidson:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Harley Davidson. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute