Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Citroen analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Citroen SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Citroen to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Citroen is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Citroen SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Citroen competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For Citroen, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Citroen SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Citroen looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Citroen :
1. Produced over 1.5 million vehicles in one year
2. Over 14000 employees worldwide 3. Has been awarded European Car of the Year many times 4. Also dominated the World Rally Championship
5. Has a strong legacy as it was founded in 1919
6. Good design in terms of creativity & technology
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Citroen SWOT Analysis:
1. They have not been successful with luxury cars compared to leaders 2. They have not been able to translate their WRC success into the road cars which would appeal to the masses 3. The brand has not been able to impact outside Europe specially fast growing economies
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Citroen SWOT Analysis:
1. They can explore the emerging markets of Asia other than China & Africa 2. They can collaborate for products with Peugeot like the Nissan-Renault alliance which can help them strengthen their product portfolio 3. It can launch its new creative design in the growing markets where there is high demand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Citroen are as mentioned:
1. Increasing shift from traditional fuels to hybrid & electric powered cars 2. Other Japanese players & Korean Players have established themselves much firmly, thus revival will be challenging 3. Its brand is not that well known across geography
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Citroen:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Citroen. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute