Siemens SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Siemens, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Siemens to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Siemens is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Siemens SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Siemens SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Siemens, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Siemens looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Siemens :
1. Pioneer of technology driven services
2. Market leadership through innovation and has presence in industry, Energy, Healthcare, Infrastructure and Cities
3. Financial excellence and stability
4. Over 400,000 employees worldwide shows its commanding global position
5. Operates in about 180 companies
6. It has operations in over 190 countries
7. Joint ventures with many internationally reknowned companies and acquisitions have made it a powerful brand
8. Strong advertising and marketing through sports and lifestyle events, sponsorshipsn online media, TVCs etc make it a high recall brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Siemens SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependence on third party providers can affect operational efficiency
2. Few allegation of corruption in the corporate environment by individuals hit the headlines
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Siemens SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding market share in emerging markets
2. Strategic acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations
3. Setting up of institutions worldwide for in-house solutions
4. Increase in demand for electricity and related services and products
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Siemens are as mentioned:
1. Strict govt policies and environmental regulation affect operations
2. Economic fluctuations and currency devaluations affect the financial performance as it is an international company
3. Heavy dependence on few suppliers
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Siemens:
1. ABB Ltd
3. Bombardier Inc.
4. Honeywell International
8. Abbot laboratories
Hence this concludes the Siemens SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Siemens AG (Akteingeselleschaft)
Technology enabled products; Systems, Solutions and Services
Global Network of Innovation
Innovation power and customer proximity
Infrastructure and Cities, Industry, Energy and Healthcare, Financial Solution, Mobility,
Power generation, Oil & Gas, Metal & Mining and Automation Industries, Locomotives, Turnkey projects, Metropolitan and Urban Infrastructure, Diagnostic and radiography sectors of healthcare, data centers
We meet the needs of people with different interests, from different cultures and with different aims and requirements
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Siemens. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us