Nikon SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Nikon, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Nikon to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Nikon is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the Nikon SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Nikon SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Nikon, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Nikon looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nikon :
1. Nikon has a strong market position built on broadproduct portfolio
2. Nikon has diversified geographic presence with focus on developing markets provides diversified revenue stream with reduced business risk
3. Strong research and development capabilities facilitate new product development in line with changing consumer preference
4. Effective integration of digital platforms like social networking sites in its marketing efforts has helped attract larger target audience
5. Excellent advertising and branding exercises through TVCs, online ads and print ads of Nikon products
6. Has a strong workforce of over 25,000
7. Good branding of Nikon through sponsorships of events and sports teams
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Nikon SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependence on particular products and businesses. Precision equipment businesses and imaging products business account for 90% of total net sales
2. Instances of alleged violation of competition laws incurred penalties and hurt the brand image of Nikon a few times
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Nikon SWOT Analysis:
1. Online sales opportunities by leveraging e-commerce market and effectively using online marketing options
2. Expanding presence in the global market can be a big opportunity for Nikon
3. More innovative product offerings for the customers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nikon are as mentioned:
1. Rapid technological changes
2. Increasing appeal of high end camera phones and their social networking integration facilitating easy sharing of photos
3. Competition with black market, parallel import and fake goods
4. Intense competition in the digital cameras market can reduce market share of Nikon
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Nikon:
Hence this concludes the Nikon SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Camera & Optics
At the heart of the image; I am Nikon
Nikon offers professionalism, authenticity and innovation through its cameras and Nikkor Lenses
High end quality SLR cameras, ophthalmic lenses and optical products for consumers
Urban upper middle and upper class individuals
Nikon has been traditionally associated with professional photography; Lately focus has shifted to everyday photography
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nikon. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us