LG Electronics SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of LG Electronics, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
LG Electronics is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector. The article below lists the LG Electronics SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of LG Electronics looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of LG Electronics :
1. Wide range of products to serve all categories and a strong focus on technology and quality
2. Effective localization of product offerings for growth markets like India, Brazil, China
3. Brand offers sound rational appeal – good product features and good value for money
4. Good after sales service and wide distribution network
5. Subsidiaries enjoy independence in decision making and hence have flexibility in adapting to the local market
6. Sponsorship of sports and entertainment events enhances visibility
7. It has nearly 100,000 employees and is one of the top mobile manufacturers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the LG Electronics SWOT Analysis:
1. Brand lacks influence in the opinionated segment of early adopters especially in the social media environment
2. Brand has limited market share compared to market leaders
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in LG Electronics SWOT Analysis:
1. Fast growth of home appliances, electronics goods market in emerging economies
2. Convert improved brand image and awareness in to market share
3. Increase the already Wide product portfolio
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of LG Electronics are as mentioned:
1. Price war with close Korean competitors like Samsung can disrupt growth in price sensitive markets
2. Highly competitive industry dynamics
3. Stagnant urban demand
4. Instances of false green claims can erode brand value and consumer trust
Hence this concludes the LG Electronics SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About LG Electronics
|LG Electronics Overview|
Innovative Technologies and Cutting edge Designs; Health (in Indian Consumer Durables Market)
|LG Electronics STP|
Mobile Communications, Home Entertainment, Home Appliances, Air Conditioning, and Energy Solutions
Consumer Durables: Currently mass market, efforts are on to shift to a more premium segment
Mobile Phones: Youth/Generation
Technology that offers you more and sets you free
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LG Electronics. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us