Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Haier analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Haier SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Haier to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Haier is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the Haier SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Haier competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Haier has the largest share of white goods & consumer appliances across the world
People looking for consumer electronics & appliances
Middle and upper class segments
Haier is a Chinese consumer electronics brand with global presence
SWOT Analysis of Haier
For Haier, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Haier SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Haier looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Haier :
1. Haier has one of the world’s largest market share in white goods 2. Among the top 20 most trusted brands in India with strong advertising 3. Haier is a leader in China in volume terms in the major appliances market 4. It is growing its international reach also and has growing retail footprint
5. Has a cash conversion cycle of -10 days
6. Over 80,000 people are employed with Haier
7. Acquisition of other companies & brands have further strengthened Haier's market position
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Haier SWOT Analysis:
1. Haier is too dependent on China. Most of its volume sales have been reported in China. 2. Heavily reliant on government subsidies in China
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Haier SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisition of Sanyo brand gives Haier greater footing in Japan and high growth economies like Vietnam. 2. Its wide product range across price segments helps it play well in markets like India
3. More tieups will give Haier a global perspective in Europe and US
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Haier are as mentioned:
1.Rising wages in China might exert pressure on its margin 2.Possible decrease in major appliance spending in China especially in the premium segment where Haier is present through its Casarte and Leader brands
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Haier:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Haier. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute