Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Vaseline analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Vaseline SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Vaseline to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Vaseline is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Vaseline SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Vaseline SWOT Analysis:
For Vaseline, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Vaseline looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Vaseline :
1. Vaseline products available in over 60 countries for over 130 years 2. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is one of the most widely used products to fight dry skin 3. Strong brand recognition and high market share 4. High Versatility of the product and good R&D 5. Product range include plain petroleum jelly and a selection of skin creams, soaps, lotions, cleansers, deodorants and personal lubricants.
6. Good presence of Vaseline products at stores, supermarkets etc because of extensive distribution
7. Strong advertising on the brand and its products
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Vaseline SWOT Analysis:
1. Severe competition in the skin care and cream segment 2. The drawback of a popular Vaseline ‘brandname’ is other or fake products sell under its name
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Vaseline SWOT Analysis:
1. Popularise Vaseline Sheer Infusion contains patented Stratys-3 technology and is the new body lotion that infuses and suspends moisture across all layers of skin 2. Vaseline Intensive Rescue is the latest innovation for dry and very dry skin from Vaseline 3. No significant direct competitive petroleum jelly products that effect Vaseline Petroleum Jelly market share
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Vaseline are as mentioned:
1. Lack of consumer advertising as Vaseline focuses more on trade promotion 2. Specific Use Products (like baby care or sun burn cream) can compete against the versatility of the product 3. Direct competition in the petroleum jelly market from other brands like Johnson & Johnson
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Vaseline:
Vaseline develops products to keep the skin amazing
Personal Skin Care products
Middle class all age groups for skin care
Nobody knows skin –and how to keep it at its healthy best –better than Vaseline.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vaseline. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute