Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: October 30, 2021
SWOT analysis of Gillette analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Gillette SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Gillette to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Gillette is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Gillette SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Gillette SWOT Analysis:
For Gillette, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Gillette looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Gillette :
1. Gillette is one the leading razor and grooming brands in the world
2. Gillette has a wide product range which includes shaving razors, shaving creams and other personal care products
3. The brand has a strong brand legacy since it was formed in 1901
4. The R&D center is based out of Boston, USA and is known as the Gillette World Shaving Headquarters
5. The brand focuses on prominent advertising via TV commercials, print ads, event sponsorships etc.
6. Gillette has a good online visibility owing to social media campaigns, online ads and complete digital marketing
7. The company has pledged to reduce use of plastic thereby committing to a more sustainable business process
8. Some of its more popular products include Mach3, Fusion, Venus, Vector, Skin Guard, Treo etc.
9. To promote its brand Gillette has engaged personalities like Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Thierry Henry
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Gillette SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition in the segment means limited market share growth
2. The brand faced legal issues and controversies in the past which hampered its business
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Gillette SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in emerging markets can help the brand grow even further
2. Young consumers are willing to experiment and hence Gillette can diversify into a bigger range of grooming products
3. Expanding product line for a female audience can also help the brand explore newer opportunities
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Gillette are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition means the business of Gillette can be impacted
2. The brand is vulnerable to cheap imitations which can hurt its brand image
3. Economic recessions, fluctuating currencies and trade policies can also hamper business operations for the company
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Gillette:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Gillette. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute