Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: January 22, 2022
SWOT analysis of Pantene analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Pantene SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Pantene to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Pantene is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Pantene SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Pantene SWOT Analysis:
For Pantene, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Pantene looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pantene :
1. Pantene is a billion-dollar leading brand for P&G
2. Strong advertising campaigns & innovative promotion strategies have enabled Pantene to have a strong brand presence
3. It has one of the largest share of business in industry
4. Pantene has a recognizable brand image and strong brand equity
5. Pantene has an extensive product line that meets consumer needs and answers trend
6. The products are strongly preferred among other competitors
7. Excellent distribution channel of Pantene enables it to reach out to millions of customers
8. The brand is present in more than 90 countries worldwide
9. Pantene brand has also take several CSR initiatives to help the society using its reach & financial strength
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Pantene SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited brand loyalty due to high brand switching
2. Immense competition in the segment means limited market share growth for Pantene
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Pantene SWOT Analysis:
1. Product extensions of Pantene focusing on segmentation of consumer needs
2. Consistency in product use for daily cleanliness can boost Pantene's business
3. Untapped target markets that have loyalty traits and growing populations
4. Advertising money allotted by P&G would continue to increase
5. Innovative marketing techniques through events and sponsorships can boost the sales of Pantene
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pantene are as mentioned:
1. Newcomer salon brands creating products for retail stores can be a challenge
2. Low switching cost to other brands can affect Pantene's business
3. Salon-purchased products take away from minority market share
4. Flooding of market with new products and competitor innovation and technology
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Pantene:
Pantene is one of the best shampoos with many variants
People looking for haircare
Women who are concerned about the beauty and health of hair and are ready to spend for it
Pantene takes care of different types of hair and is satisfies basic needs of hair care
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pantene. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute