Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 26, 2021
SWOT analysis of Chipotle Mexican Grill analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Chipotle Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Chipotle Mexican Grill to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Chipotle Mexican Grill is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Chipotle Mexican Grill SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Chipotle Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
For Chipotle Mexican Grill, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Chipotle Mexican Grill Strengths
The strengths of Chipotle Mexican Grill looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Chipotle Mexican Grill :
1. Chipotle is a very well-recognized restaurant brand in USA, UK, Canada, France & Germany
2. Chipotle has an employee strength of more than 50,000 employees globally
3. The company has a strong presence with more than 2500 branch locations
4.The brand has a strong, positive brand image with high customer loyalty
5. All of Chipotle's restaurants are company owned, which ensures a good customer experience
6.Innovative ways of publicizing and advertising have always helped the brand
7. The main menu offered at its restaurants are burritos, bowls, tacos, quesadillas and salads.
8. As a part of it marketing, the company invests in sporting events like Olympics & sponsors events across the USA
9. It has environmental friendly & sustainable architecture of its restaurants
Chipotle Mexican Grill Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Chipotle Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited presence globally as compared to some of the leading food chain restaurants brands
2. Lawsuits in the past have hurt the brand image of the company
Chipotle Mexican Grill Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Chipotle Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in other European & Asian countries can help the business grow
2. Addition of new items to the Chipotle menu can attract more customers
3. The brand can tie-up with players in the hospitality industry to build a sustainable channel
Chipotle Mexican Grill Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Chipotle Mexican Grill are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from other companies in the fast food restaurant segment
2. Volatility in price of raw materials can lead to loss of margins
3. Economic instability, recessions, lawsuits etc. can impact the business negatively
Chipotle Mexican Grill Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Chipotle Mexican Grill:
Use of natural and organic ingredients especially farm-raised meat
Chipotle Mexican Grill STP
People who like Mexican fast food
People who prefer eating food made from natural and organic ingredients
A casual dining restaurant chain serving Mexican cuisine, made using organic ingredients
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Chipotle Mexican Grill. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute