Cadbury SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Cadbury, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Cadbury is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Cadbury SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Cadbury looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cadbury :
1. Cadbury has a high brand equity and top of the mind chocolate brand
2. Strong brand recall and customer loyalty among Cadbury's customers
3. An employee strength of around 70,000
4. Strong parent brand of Kraft Foods gives a strong backing
5. Cadbury has had very successful marketing and advertising campaigns
6. A wide variety of products on offer
7. Strong R&D and innovation in chocolates
8. Cadbury is a trusted and premium quality brand
9. Strong distribution network and operations in US, UK, India, Australia and a few other countries
10. Cadbury' Dairy Milk is one of the most famous and widely sold brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Cadbury SWOT Analysis:
1. A few controversies regarding advertising, worms etc. made international news
2. A few instances of product recall hampered Cadbury's brand image
Read more about Cadbury
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Cadbury SWOT Analysis:
1. Cadbury can increase reach in rural markets
2. Increase its reach and penetration in untapped markets
3. Acquiring competition can boost the market dominance of Cadbury
4. Diversification of product range into related food segments
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cadbury are as mentioned:
1. Health consciousness amongst people can reduce intake of chocolates
2. Increase in cost of raw material
3. Inflation can cause reduction in sales
4. Higher competition form international and local chocolate brands can affect Cadbury's market share
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Cadbury SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Food Products & Confectionery
Tastes like this feels
Cadbury is one of the biggest and most trusted chocolate brand worldwide
People who buy chocolates for eating or gifting
Children and families belonging to lower, middle and upper middle class
Cadbury is a sweet for happy occasions or auspicious beginnings
|Cadbury Product Portfolio|
1. Cadburys Oreo
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Cadbury product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cadbury. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us