Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 20, 2021
SWOT analysis of Cadbury analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cadbury SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cadbury to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cadbury is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Cadbury SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cadbury SWOT Analysis:
For Cadbury, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Cadbury looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cadbury :
1. Cadbury has a high brand equity and top of the mind chocolate brand
2. Strong brand recall and customer loyalty among Cadbury's customers
3. An employee strength of around 70,000
4. Strong parent brand of Kraft Foods gives a strong backing
5. Cadbury has had very successful marketing and advertising campaigns
6. A wide variety of products on offer
7. Strong R&D and innovation in chocolates
8. Cadbury is a trusted and premium quality brand
9. Strong distribution network and operations in US, UK, India, Australia and a few other countries
10. Cadbury' Dairy Milk is one of the most famous and widely sold brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cadbury SWOT Analysis:
1. A few controversies regarding advertising, worms etc. made international news
2. A few instances of product recall hampered Cadbury's brand image
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cadbury SWOT Analysis:
1. Cadbury can increase reach in rural markets
2. Increase its reach and penetration in untapped markets
3. Acquiring competition can boost the market dominance of Cadbury
4. Diversification of product range into related food segments
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cadbury are as mentioned:
1. Health consciousness amongst people can reduce intake of chocolates
2. Increase in cost of raw material
3. Inflation can cause reduction in sales
4. Higher competition form international and local chocolate brands can affect Cadbury's market share
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Cadbury:
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Cadbury product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cadbury. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute