Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 11, 2021
SWOT analysis of KFC analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In KFC SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like KFC to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. KFC is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the KFC SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top KFC competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
KFC offers different varieties in chicken meals especially burgers
People willing to have a hygienic and delicious non conventional meal at a restaurant
Children and youth from middle and upper class
KFC offers the best chicken burgers at affordable prices
SWOT Analysis of KFC
For KFC, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the KFC SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of KFC looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of KFC :
1. KFC is a hugely popular brand name in fast food and has high brand loyalty across the world
2. KFC offers a high number of products like burgers, chicken wings etc. along with their signature menu
3. Hygienic food, clean stores and quick service are strong points for the brand across all its locations
4. KFC has good advertising and marketing through TVCs, online ads, print media and OOH hoardings
5. Strong trademarks recipes makes its food standout
6. KFC has presence in more than 150 countries through 20,000+ stores
7. It has been recognized by several awards for its business operations worldwide
8. The company has an annual revenue of more than $25 billion
9. KFC creates customized and locally preferred food to target audiences across different geographies and cultures
10. The brand has a good digital marketing strategy and engages with its users via social media, video content, contests, discount coupons etc.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the KFC SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition from other global food chain brands means limited market share growth
2. KFC has been criticized for allegedly causing harm to animals and environment, which hurt the brand image
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in KFC SWOT Analysis:
1. Introduce more localized food like vegetarian products to tap the market in some countries
2. KFC can introduce home delivery as a regular service as during pandemic people didn't go outside as before
3. Venture into newer markets and offer slightly budget friendly snacks
4. More spending on the resources and development as well as introducing new food items and products can boost KFC
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of KFC are as mentioned:
1. Threat from other eating joints/restaurants can affect KFC's business
2. With the lifestyle of people changing due to growing awareness about healthier food people now look for something healthy, low calories and delicious at the same time
3. Globally, Kentucky Fried Chicken can face issues like fluctuating economies, recession, rising food prices etc.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of KFC:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to KFC. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute