Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Blogger analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Blogger SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Blogger to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Blogger is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Blogger SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Blogger SWOT Analysis:
For Blogger, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Blogger looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Blogger :
1. Blogger is owned by Google, hence high customer base and reach to masses
2. It is easy to use and get acquainted, hence good for beginners
3. Blogger pays the user for displaying ads
4. It has enabled mobile blogging which helps users use their smartphones to write
5. Blogger is currently available in over 40 languages
6. It is a free to use service which can also be used for commercial purposed by its users
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Blogger SWOT Analysis:
1. Govt policies have restricted access to the service in countries like Pakistan, China, Iran
2. High competition means limited market share growth for Blogger
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Blogger SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand capabilities and features, allowing users to create better blogs
2. Acquiring partnerships with other websites for integration can help boost business for Blogger
3. Attracting professionals by offering a professional version
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Blogger are as mentioned:
1. Security issues and data leaks can affect the business of Blogger
2. Improved functionalities by competitive blogging platforms
3. Newly emerging competitive blogging platforms
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Blogger:
Blogger is a simple to use and manage especially for beginner bloggers
Internet users looking to post and share content
Internet users interested into blogging or content management/ development
Blogger is positioned as a free weblog publishing tool for sharing text, photos and videos
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Blogger. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute