Tumblr SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Tumblr, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tumblr to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Tumblr is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Tumblr SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tumblr SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Tumblr, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Tumblr looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tumblr :
1. Tumblr has an option of “Reblog” which increases targeted audience
2. The features of tumblr attract creative bloggers like photographers, musicians etc due to attractive visual appeal
3. Simple to setup and easy to use interface makes it a popular service amongst bloggers
4. A built in community which provides feedback and review to user
5. Tumblr had over 400 million blogs hosted
6. It offers features like dashboard, inbox messaging. mobile based services etc
7. Regular funding and strong revenue channels have helped Tumblr establish itself in this domain
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tumblr SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share due to presence of Wordpress, Blogger blogging platforms
2. Cases of alleged copyright violation have hurt Tumblr at times
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tumblr SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand capabilities to allow users to create effective websites can help Tumblr
2. Acquiring more partnerships with other websites for integration
3. Attracting more users by making payments can help drive revenues
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tumblr are as mentioned:
1. Attacks from threats and other security issues can be a threat to Tumblr
2. Improved functionalities by competitive blogging platforms can reduce users
3. Newly emerging competitive blogging platforms and social media apps can reduce user engagement
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Tumblr:
Hence this concludes the Tumblr SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
The easiest way to blog
Tumblr blods are visually attractive as well as easy to setup and use
Internet users looking to share content and blogs
Internet users interested into blogging or content management/development
Tumblr is positioned as a micro-blogging platform and social networking site which is the easiest to use among the league
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tumblr. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us