Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Paytm analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Paytm SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Paytm to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Paytm is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Paytm SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Paytm competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Online payment systems with high customer base and acceptance
People with smartphones looking for cashless payment transactions
Urban tier1 tier2 cities- young and middle aged people
Paytm can be used as an alternate for cash to make payments for daily basic needs
SWOT Analysis of Paytm
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Paytm:
1. Paytm has got extremely high brand awareness across India
2. Paytm was able to scale up its business quickly after demonetization
3. Offers multiple cashback options to customers
4. Paytm is largely accepted by merchants across India, which has helped the brand grow
5. Strong marketing campaigns have helped spread brand awareness
6. Word of mouth of cashless transactions and ease of use has been accepted well by the people
7. Strong investments from Ratan Tata, Alibaba group etc have strengthened Paytm's position
Here are the weaknesses in the Paytm SWOT Analysis:
1. Audience in India is less the savvy as majority consider cash as primary currency
2. Paytm has diversified too much
Following are the Opportunities in Paytm SWOT Analysis:
1. Paytm can cater to a larger audience with some offline presence as well
2. Paytm can educated customers on accepting cashless transactions and online payments which would in turn boost their customer base
3. Offer more banking services along with online payment options
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Paytm are as mentioned:
1. Banks offering ewallets on their saving accounts
2. Security and privacy of user is a concern for Paytm
Below are the top 4 competitors of Paytm:
3. Airtel Money
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Paytm. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute