Canon SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Canon, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Canon is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector. The article below lists the Canon SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Canon looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Canon :
1. Canon is one of the leading electronics brand in the world
2. Canon’s wide portfolio includes digital cameras, DSLR’s, camcorders, photocopiers, printers
3. The company has over 180,000+ employees
4. The brand is present on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and also NYSE
5. Canon focuses on advertising through TVCs, print ads, online ads and billboards
6. Some of its leading digital camera brands are Canon PowerShot, Canon Digital IXUS, Canon EOS etc
7. It has been recognized as one of the leading environmental friendly companies in the world
8. Sponsorship has been done by Canon is football, motorsport etc
9. The company also indulges in CSR activities
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Canon SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Canon
2. Fake replicas & imitation products causes loss and hurts the brand image
Read more about Canon
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Canon SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can focus on growth of technology
2. High purchasing power of the people can boost the business for Canon
3. Tie-up with leading mobile companies with which their cameras can be integrated
4. Global expansion into emerging economies can boost Canon’s business
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Canon are as mentioned:
1. High competition can decline Canon’s market share
2. Being a global brand, economic crisis and currency fluctuations affect margins
3. Counterfeit goods - a major threat to manufacturers of branded electronics like Canon
4. Availability of cheaper technology in local markets
Hence this concludes the Canon SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Delighting you always; See impossible
Canon is one of the leading DSLR and camera manufacturer in the world
Electronics Semiconductors and Home appliances
Upper middle and upper class individuals
Canon is positioned as a leading electronics company which delights the customers with its innovative offerings
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Canon. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us