Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Capgemini analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Capgemini SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Capgemini to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Capgemini is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Capgemini SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Capgemini competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
People matter, Results count; Collaborative Business Experience
Their USP is the ‘people-centric’ approach to technology to provide concrete business results. In essence, at Capgemini, they call it, ‘The Collaborative Business Experience.
Public Sector, BFSI, Retail, Manufacturing, Energy and Utility, Travel, Healthcare
Mostly European Markets, Clients with revenue generation of >$5 million
Leading European It Service provider
SWOT Analysis of Capgemini
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Capgemini:
1. Its “Collaborative Experience” messaging has huge impact. Its an appropriate topic for bridging IT and business needs
2. Strong presence in European marketplace enabling expansion of the Rightshore model
3. Its Rightshore model proposition is focused on cost reduction, the ability to outsource IT operations and Business value
4. It leverages repeatable frameworks aimed at bringing value to business customers such as ASE, RAIN and Techno Vision
5. It has nearly 145,000 employees in the organisation
6. Capgemini has a global presence in over 40 countries
7. It is a multicultural organization
8. It has a strong presence in India where it employs over 50000 people.
9. Capgemini has strong domain experience in Government and Public Sector, Energy and Utilities, Manufacturing, Telecom and Financial Services sectors.
Here are the weaknesses in the Capgemini SWOT Analysis:
1. It has a comparatively heavy reliance on consulting. It is not known for its ability to take on bite-sized service project capabilities 2. Scale and breadth of offerings presents challenges: Global integration will be never ending process
Following are the Opportunities in Capgemini SWOT Analysis:
1. As part of its "Collaborative Experience" strategy, it is aggressively partnering with cloud computing leaders to adapt to new IT ecosystems 2. It is playing an important role in most of the business today, networking and cloud computing being the most prospective area for growth in which Capgemini can excel
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Capgemini are as mentioned:
1. It has strong presence in European countries which are undergoing economic turmoil, so this is a hindrance in its growth 2. Tough competitive market, with the advent of new small players which focuses on low cost value proposition
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Capgemini. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute