ALDI SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of ALDI, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
ALDI is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the ALDI SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of ALDI looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ALDI :
1. ALDI offers top quality products at affordable prices
2. Offers a wide variety of product portfolio at its stores
3. ALDI has a strong presence in Germany with over 2500 stores
4. Keeps the operating costs low which helps the company with better margins
5. Internationally ALDI has around 10,000 stores in Europe and other countries
6. Has operations in over 15 countries worldwide
7. More than 100,000 people are employed with ALDI worldwide
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the ALDI SWOT Analysis:
1. ALDI is still relatively small as compared to other brands
2. Hasn’t been able to impact globally as there are a few other chain stores
3. Sometimes allegedly regarded as a store for cheap and low quality items
Read more about ALDI
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in ALDI SWOT Analysis:
1. ALDI retail needs to invest more in advertising to beat competition
2. Expanding into growing economies like Africa, Asia etc
3. Re-positioning itself as an affordable brand rather than a cheap-products company can boost its business
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ALDI are as mentioned:
1. ALDI cannot cater to shoppers looking for a ‘complete shopping experience’
2. Other retailers who have thousands of different SKUs.
3. Private label brands of ALDI can be tossed away by established brands.
4. Government policies & taxation can affect business margins
Hence this concludes the ALDI SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
ALDI Einkauf GmbH & Co. oHG
Spend a little, live a lot
ALDI sells at affordable prices maintaining top quality products.
People looking out to purchase grocery at competitive prices.
Households and individuals
ALDI is a place which people reckon more with its private labels. Having strongly placed in Germany, it is now trying to firmly place itself internationally.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ALDI. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us