Metro Shoes SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Metro Shoes, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Metro Shoes to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Metro Shoes is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Metro Shoes SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Metro Shoes SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Metro Shoes, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Metro Shoes looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Metro Shoes :
1. Metro Shoes is a strong Indian footwear brand with Strong Values
2. In house Private Labels for affordability
3. An assortment of all well known shoe brands found in any Metro Shoes store
4. It has a countrywide network of exclusive Metro showrooms at more than 150 prime locations across 30 plus cities in India
5. Strong Focus on innovation has boosted the product range
6. Metro Shoes has focused on good advertising and branding by roping in celebrities
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Metro Shoes SWOT Analysis:
1. Operates through Company Owned Models only and hence expansion is slower
2. Metro Shoes has very restricted international presence
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Metro Shoes SWOT Analysis:
1. Metro Shoes should expand in India as well as in international markets
2. To capture the shoe and accessory market collectively
3. Tie-ups with international brands or adapting franchise model to grow
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Metro Shoes are as mentioned:
1.International players with increasing privatization can reduce Metro Shoes' sales
2. Shoe brands available at discount rates on discount deal sites which affect its in house private labels USP of style with affordability
3. Fake imitations can hurt genuine customers
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Metro Shoes:
3. New Balance
10. Red Tape
Hence this concludes the Metro Shoes SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Metro Shoes Overview|
Footwear and Apparel
Happy feet Make Happy People
Metro Shoes offers affordable footwear fashion
|Metro Shoes STP|
People who want style in budget and premium segment
Metro Shoes offers stylish footwear to make you happy
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Metro Shoes. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us