Adidas SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Adidas, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Adidas to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Adidas is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Adidas SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Adidas SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Adidas, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Adidas looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Adidas :
1. Adidas company has a long heritage and high brand value since 1924.
2. Adidas sponsors major sporting events including Olympics and major sportsmen and teams.
3. The company has worldwide presence and is internationally recognized.
4. Adidas has a very diversified product portfolio ranging from sports shoes, equipments to clothing and accessories.
5. Strong and innovative marketing since years have created a strong brand retention of Adidas in the minds of customers
6. The company has a workforce of over 50,000 employees worldwide
7. Excellent advertising of Adidas products through TVCs, online ads, print media, hoardings etc.
8. The brand is associated with several sport stars as their brand ambassadors
9. The products can be purchased globally through the company website as well as leading ecommerce websites
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Adidas SWOT Analysis:
1. The products by Adidas can sometimes be costly due to innovative technology or production method
2. Stiff competition and similar big brands means customers have high brand switching
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Adidas SWOT Analysis:
1. To keep up with the competition, Adidas generates close to 60 new foot-friendly designs each year.
2.The company can venture into making more stylish designs and cuts
3. Tie-up with emerging sports teams/clubs/players internationally can boost Adidas's brand presence
4. Brand building by setting up sponsored sports academies
5. Adidas should focus on budget range designed specially for college students, young professionals
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Adidas are as mentioned:
1. Other brands offering more styles and varieties, thus more competition
2. Threat from other competitive brand who produce sports equipment and accessories at a lesser cost
3. Pirated or fake imitations affect brand image of Adidas
4. Local brands in individual countries lead to more competition to Adidas
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Adidas:
3. New Balance
9. Under Armour
Hence this concludes the Adidas SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Apparel and accessories
All in; Impossible is Nothing
Adidas is a world renowned company for sports equipment, clothing and other accessories
Young men ,women and children who have passion for fitness and sports
Urban upper-middle and upper class
Adidas stands for passion for sports
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Adidas. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us