Cartier SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Cartier, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cartier to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Cartier is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Cartier SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cartier SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Cartier, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Cartier looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cartier :
1. Cartier brand has an image as a luxury brand and popular global premium product
2. Known predominantly as a jeweller, Cartier has an excellent reputation for beautiful and unique watches
3. High brand loyalty in the premium segment of Cartier products
4. Good advertising and brand presence through print ads and TVCs
5. Cartier has exclusive outlets in premium hotels and resorts across the world
6. Also has offerings like watches, perfumes and prestigious accessories
7. Cartier brand has been closely associated with royal families in Europe, which gives the brand its exclusivity
8. Cartier has its exclusive retail stores in more than 120 countries worldwide
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cartier SWOT Analysis:
1. Cartier is known for also its exquisite jewelry is not just a watchmaker, its competing brands on the other hand are predominantly watch brands
2. Fake imitations have hurt the brand in the past
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cartier SWOT Analysis:
1. Tapping newly emerging luxury markets can be a business proposition for Cartier
2. High growth in the luxury watches segment seen in emerging economies
3. Giving contemporary jewelry designs can help establish a good connect with customers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cartier are as mentioned:
1. Intense competitions from jewelry brands as well as luxury watch makers can affect Cartier's business
2. High switching costs for the wealthy can be a concern
3. Strict government regulations of high price luxury goods can be a concern
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 15 competitors of Cartier:
2. TAG Heuer
9. Tiffany and Co
11. De Beers
12. Blue Nile
Hence this concludes the Cartier SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Watches and Jewelry
The art of being unique
Cartier offers ornate watches adorned with precious stones
High Income group looking for premium watches
Men and Women in the High income group
Cartier offers luxury watches & stylized jewelry products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cartier. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us