Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Longines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Longines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Longines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Longines is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Longines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Longines SWOT Analysis:
For Longines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Longines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Longines :
1. Longines was the first brand to change the way time was kept in sports. They introduced the first watch with a timing mechanism that is triggered by electric signal
2. International movie and sports celebrities represent Longines as brand ambassadors
3. Longines has strengthened its brand image by being the official time keeper of Olympics and many other sporting events (like Roland-Garros)
4. Part of the Swatch group that has 28,000 employees across 50 countries
5. Good advertising and brand visibility of the watches through TVCs, print ads, online ads etc
6. Longines has a strong legacy since its inception in 1832
7. Its logo is one of the longest unchanged trademarks in the world
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Longines SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand is yet to establish itself completely compared to some of its global competitors
2. Limited market share of Longines watches growth due to competition
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Longines SWOT Analysis:
1. Longines has an opportunity to expand its distribution networks, especially in developing and emerging markets
2. More penetration through continuous advertising and marketing
3. Acquisition of smaller brands and more presence in luxury markets can help Longines grow
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Longines are as mentioned:
1. Some competing brands have a stronger international presence and a stronger brand image
2. Fluctuating economies means limited spending on luxury items
3. Fake & cheap imitations of Longines watches cause damage to brand
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 16 competitors of Longines:
Longines has watches made from technical expertise born of tradition, elegance and performance
Premium luxury watches
High Income Men and women
Longines offers high quality, trendy & classy luxury watches
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Longines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute