Fila SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Fila, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fila to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Fila is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Fila SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Fila SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Fila, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Fila looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fila :
1. The Fila brand has very popular sports brand ambassadors which has promoted their brand very well.
2. The innovative use of mixing different components of cloth into making a different sportswear was very successful
3. Fila’s has a very successful brand image due its motivational designs
4. They have a very good name for its brand logo as its full of colors and easily identifiable
5. The brand has over 100 stores all over the world
6. Strong legacy of the brand since its inception in 1911
7. Fila has diversified into clothes and kids apparel along with shoes
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Fila SWOT Analysis:
1. Fila has tremendous competition from sports apparel brand globally meaning smaller market share
2. Limited range of products compared to big brands and low brand advertising
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Fila SWOT Analysis:
1. Fila can be the first brand to inculcate a casual culture into a brand experience
2. The lines of expanding into casual clothing and sports equipment
3. More advertising can boost the brand image and presence of the brand
4. Opening more Fila stores can help attract the youth more.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fila are as mentioned:
1. The new changing trends could replace the existing product range quickly
2.Switching cost is very low in this Industry, so regular innovation and adapting to changes in sports industry is quint-essential
3. High competition for Fila means limited market share growth
4. The industry is dominated by a few big players, hence difficult to overcome customer perception can be an issue
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Fila:
3. New Balance
9. Under Armour
Hence this concludes the Fila SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Fila Korea Limited
Apparel and accessories
Sport for life
Fila offers high quality premium and innovative sports wear
The Group of people who are fashion conscious and like the sporty look to their daily lifestyle.
People between 18-35 Years including athletes, fashion conscious people.
Fila is one of the world's largest sportswear manufacturing companies
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fila. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us