Seiko SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Seiko, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Seiko to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Seiko is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Seiko SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Seiko SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Seiko, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Seiko looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Seiko :
1. Seiko company has partnered with big football clubs, that has helped the brand presence in Europe
2. The brand has a significant presence in Asia as well, especially in China
3. Seiko has also sponsored Olympic games
4. The brand has strong after sales service network that works for the brand
5. More than 10000+ employees work for the Seiko company
6. Apart from watches, Seiko is a manufacturer of electronics, fashion accessories, clocks etc
7. The watch brand also has the credit of being a part of a NASA mission
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Seiko SWOT Analysis:
1. Seiko brand is affected by counterfeit imitations
2. Differentiation of its competitors is very strong as compared to Seiko leading to limited brand recall of Seiko
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Seiko SWOT Analysis:
1. Product categories for Seiko watches can be expanded in various segments
2. The brand can also expand its market internationally with promotion and marketing strategies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Seiko are as mentioned:
1. There is high competition with respect to prices in this segment. Since cost of production has increased significantly, the profits have suffered in the mid level segment
2. Since the brand suffers from lower top of the mind recall, its competitors score in the same, especially in the Mid-segment
3. Fake watches that carry Seiko's brand name and sell cheaply
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 16 competitors of Seiko:
2. TAG Heuer
16. Ulysse Nardin
Hence this concludes the Seiko SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Seiko Holdings Corporation
Watches and Accessories
Seiko. It's your watch that tells most about who you are
Seiko offers modern, contemporary and stylish watches
Mid level segment
Mid Income Men and Women
Seiko offers high technology modern watches
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Seiko. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us