Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 20, 2021
SWOT analysis of Puma analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Puma SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Puma to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Puma is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Puma SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Puma competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Puma products are based on innovation and ultimate comfort in the apparel and shoes
Sportsmen, Men and women who like sporty energetic apparel with a spray of uniqueness in their apparel.
Urban young upper middle class and upper class Men and Women
Puma is an international brand with creativity, energy and style in their apparel at a very affordable price.
SWOT Analysis of Puma
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Puma:
1. Puma is established over 90 countries and employs around 14000 employees all over the world.
2. Puma is the main producer of enthusiast droving shoes and racing suits in both Formula One and NASCAR.
3. It has entered into partnerships with famous companies like Ferrari and BMW.
4. Puma brand is very innovative and has a very rich Research and Development team. The Company produced the first screw boots for football and “Mexico 68” with the innovative brush soles, which were the most comfortable running shoes.
5. It has an excellent brand name throughout the world.
6. The brand has excellent management and marketing strategies and has the advertised the products very well and eye-catching throughout the world.
7. Puma has entered into sponsorships with various players and teams in different sects of the sporting industry.
8. Puma sponsors global events like FIFA football World Cup, Olympics, cricket, motorsports, rugby & many other sports
9. The brand has a strong online presence with good engagement on social media & ecommerce platforms
Here are the weaknesses in the Puma SWOT Analysis:
1.Puma has tough competition and limited market share compared to Nike and Adidas
2.High brand switching means difficult to have loyal customer base
Following are the Opportunities in Puma SWOT Analysis:
1. The company can attain more sponsorship as more international events in the sporting industry are taking place.
2. Puma can start entering the lifestyle section of the industry
3. More advertising and branding to tap newer customers
5. Puma still has to increase its foothold in the emerging market
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Puma are as mentioned:
1. Being a global brand, Puma's business is affected by recession and economic slowdown
2. There is extensive competition from existing players an new players which is growing in the industry.
3. Imitations of Puma brand is extensively increasing causing losses
4. Government policies and regulations can affect business operations
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Puma. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute