Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Umbro analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Umbro SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Umbro to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Umbro is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Umbro SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Umbro SWOT Analysis:
For Umbro, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Umbro looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Umbro :
1. Umbro has a strong presence in around 90 countries
2. Enduring presence of 85 years in Manchester with launch of kits for them
3. Strong management of the Umbro brand as it is a subsidy of Nike
4. Strong brand equity and financial position
5. Excellent branding and advertising through
6. Umbro has sponsored several events especially football tournaments in the UK
7. Association with international football players as brand ambassadors boosts the brand image
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Umbro SWOT Analysis:
1. High brand switching among customers with many other powerful sports brands available
2. Limited presence of Umbro in emerging economies as compared to a few other popular brands
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Umbro SWOT Analysis:
1. Product differentiation which can label the brand as fashion brand
2. Tie- up with more emerging sports team can boost Umbro's brand presence
3. More branding and innovation needed as it comes under Nike
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Umbro are as mentioned:
1. Fake imitations from other local brands can affect the brand sales
2. Brands which offer same style at lesser cost
3. Nike the parent brand is very established brand may eat the market share of Umbro
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Umbro:
Umbro is a sportswear and football equipment brand
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Umbro. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute