Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Decathlon analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Decathlon SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Decathlon to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Decathlon is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Decathlon SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Decathlon SWOT Analysis:
For Decathlon, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Decathlon looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Decathlon :
1. Stores located throughout the world with 800 stores all over
2. Group is largest sporting goods reseller in domestic market
3. Large variety of sports goods in affordable pricing for all classes of consumers
4. Own private label brands to get high brand recall
5. Strong and innovative marketing since years have created a strong brand retention in the minds of customers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Decathlon SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global presence as compared to leading global companies
2. E- retailing is gaining importance but still company has limited presence on the same
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Decathlon SWOT Analysis:
1. Brand building by tie-up with emerging clubs/teams/players
2. Company has opportunity to innovate on technology front to design new products
3. Creating high brand awareness by exploring advertising media tactically
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Decathlon are as mentioned:
1. High inflation doesn't give opportunity of cost advantage in competitive environment
2.High competition from global and domestic players
3.Threats from other brands who provide goods at lower price
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Decathlon:
Sports for all! All for sports; Better gear better off
Everything in sports in affordable price
Style and quality
Middle class and upper middle class
Quality sports good in affordable
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Decathlon. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute