Carrefour SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Carrefour, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Carrefour is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Carrefour SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Carrefour, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Carrefour looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Carrefour :
1. Carrefour has a wide Market Presence and a strong brand name
2. Carrefour is one of the world’s largest and Europe’s retailers of groceries and consumer goods in terms of revenue with over 12000+ stores worldwide
3. Multi Format Strategy-hypermarkets, supermarkets, hard discount stores and convenience stores
4. Owns popular private-label brands which are popular
5. Carrefour is a pioneer in Hypermarket format
6. High Quality maintenance and good customer service offered
7. More than 350,000 people are employed with Carrefour
8. The business operations are carried out in more than 30 countries
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Carrefour SWOT Analysis:
1. Carrefour has limited presence in emerging economies of Asia and Africa
2. Past controversies attracted negative media coverage affecting business
Read more about Carrefour
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Carrefour SWOT Analysis:
1. Carrefour can leverage on its international brand equity to establish in emerging economies
2. Focus on growth through strategic tie-ups and innovative marketing
3. The fast growing ecommerce & online shopping sector is a big area of opportunity for Carrefour
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Carrefour are as mentioned:
1. Rising competition from other discount stores in France and abroad
2. Rising Labour costs and Economic slowdown to increase costs
3. Strict government policies and taxation can affect global business of Carrefour
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 18 competitors of Carrefour:
5. Coles Group
7. Target Corporation
10. Home Depot
12. Costco Wholesale
14. Lowe's Companies
16. CVS Caremark
Hence this concludes the Carrefour SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Carrefour SA, France
Pozytywniekażdegodnia (Positively every day)
Carrefour helps create memorable 360 degree shopping experiences for consumers
Price sensitive and middle class working population who wish to obtain maximum value at affordable prices
Middle and low income households
Carrefour is known for offering the best quality products at the lowest possible prices
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Carrefour. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us