Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Orkut analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Orkut SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Orkut to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Orkut is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Orkut SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Orkut SWOT Analysis:
For Orkut, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Orkut looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Orkut :
1. Orkut integrated with offerings made by Google, thus increased reach
2. Early market entry enabled increased customer base when the website was at its peak
3. Orkut functioned as a platform to share videos and photos
4. Provides customized profile appearance to users
5. The website was available in over 48 languages with localized options
6. Orkut had grown as a leading social media platform in the USA, Brazil, India and some other countries
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Orkut SWOT Analysis:
1. Incidents of fake profiles, hate groups affected the brand image of Orkut severaly
2. Competition lead to users not accessing the website and eventually lead to a dramatic decline
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Orkut SWOT Analysis:
1. Orkut brand can be resurrected based on its past glory
2. Integrate with telecom operators or similar companies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Orkut are as mentioned:
1. Competitors present in market especially prominent social media sites would not let Orkut come back again
2. New upcoming social networking websites
3. Fake accounts and past poor decline will not help revive the brand
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Orkut:
Orkut provided a user interface which was customizable
Internet utilizing computer users
Youth inclined towards internet usage and Business advertisers
Orkut was positioned as an efficient social networking website to stay connected with friends
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Orkut. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute