Walt Disney SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Walt Disney, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Walt Disney to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Walt Disney is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Walt Disney SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Walt Disney SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Walt Disney, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Walt Disney looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Walt Disney :
1. Walt Disney is one of the world's largest & most recognized media, broadcasting, streaming & radio companies
2. Walt Disney has several business units including parks, media, distribution, studios, video games & sports content
3. Ever since its launch in 1923, the brand has continued to grow globally
4. Walt Disney companies has several subsidiaries including National Geographic, Pixar, Marvel Entertainment, 20th Century & more media brands
5. The media company has online & media channels like ESPN, Hotstar, Disney+ & Hulu in its portfolio
6. The company has more than 200,000 employees worldwide
7. The annual revenue of Walt Disney company is around $60 billion
8. Walt Disney company has given some of the biggest animation characters & movies like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Lion King, Toy Story etc.
9. Disney brand has a high brand
10. The company has a strong marketing strategy via TVCs, movies, toys, merchandise, online promotion, ecommerce sales & digital marketing
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Walt Disney SWOT Analysis:
1. Walk Disney has had to face legal challenges when doing business in various countries
2. Some of its divisions are vulnerable to crisis like economic depressions and pandemic, which leads to loss of business & layoffs
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Walt Disney SWOT Analysis:
1. The Walt Disney brand can grow further in the online streaming & OTT content domain
2. Acquisition of growing media & online platforms can further strengthened its position in the market
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Walt Disney are as mentioned:
1. Changing government & import-export policies can hamper its business
2. Unauthorized access of content like movies, streaming content & other feeds can lead to loss of business
3. Growth of several online video content channels & social media platforms can decline its position in the market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Walt Disney:
9. Dish Network
11. Warner Bros
Hence this concludes the Walt Disney SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Walt Disney Overview|
Walt Disney Company
Media, movies & streaming content
To make everyone happy
Pioneers in making animated movies & theme parks globally
|Walt Disney STP|
People seeking high quality media via video & online content
Kids for animation content & adults for video & online content
Creators of movies, animation & mass media which appeals to all categories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Walt Disney. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us