Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: January 28, 2022
SWOT analysis of Vivo analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Vivo SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Vivo to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Vivo is one of the leading brands in the mobile handsets sector.
The article below lists the Vivo SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Vivo SWOT Analysis:
For Vivo, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Vivo looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Vivo :
1. Vivo has established itself very well in the global smartphone market
2. Vivo offers various mobile phone models in different price ranges but still keeping its affordable image intact
3. Vivo has entered various markets with good success with sponsorship and visibility
4. It comes from the stable of BBK electronics, its parent company, which also owns brands like Oppo
5. Vivo has been associating with big sporting events like the FIFA world cup, IPL cricket etc.
6. Vivo is seen as an innovative brand and has constantly invested in R&D
7. It was one of the first to launch a phone with HiFi Chip
8. Vivo has stores in several countries and a good presence of all leading ecommerce platforms
9. It is present in several overseas market
10. Vivo annually ships more than 130 million units
11. Vivo has product facilities in China, Indonesia and India
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Vivo SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition and constant need for innovation means limited market share growth
2. Vivo is seen similar to other brands with limited differentiation and hence high brand switching
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Vivo SWOT Analysis:
1. Vivo can come up with high end smartphones which competes directly with likes of Apple, Samsung
2. Vivo should work on tweaking its image and targeting to more customers who does not focus only on cost
3. It has huge untapped markets in US and Europe
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Vivo are as mentioned:
1. Price sensitive competition in the mobile handset segment can impact business
2. Local government regulations and economic recession can reduce business
3. Fake imitations can hurt the brand image of the brand globally
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Vivo:
Vivo has innovative phones with affordable pricing
People looking for mobile phones
People in middle income group looking for features
Vivo offers innovative phones at affordable rates
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vivo. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute