Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Merck analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Merck SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Merck to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Merck is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Merck SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Merck competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country.
Pharmaceutical products, vaccines, prescription products, animal health & chemicals
Large business owners & operators
A global research-driven pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of innovative products to improve human and animal health, directly and through its joint ventures
SWOT Analysis of Merck
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Merck:
1. A strong brand name in the pharmaceutical industry
2. Huge product portfolio in pharmaceuticals
3. Provides medical help to underprivileged people in the US
4. Excellent R&D and innovations
5. Has its presence across Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Latin America
7. Has a strong workforce of over 40,000 employees
8. Customer loyalty and brand visibility is a strength
Here are the weaknesses in the Merck SWOT Analysis:
1. Problems of fake imitations affects the companies brand image
2. Hasn’t been able to aggressively enter emerging economies in terms of brand recall, which are huge potential markets
Following are the Opportunities in Merck SWOT Analysis:
1. Broad-based medical innovation, in technologies and businesses across the spectrum of health care
2. Venture into health needs in under-developed and poor countries
4. Leverage its core business expertise and resources to create sustainable solutions in countries around the world.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Merck are as mentioned:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Merck. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute