Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Vodafone analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Vodafone SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Vodafone to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Vodafone is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The article below lists the Vodafone SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Vodafone SWOT Analysis:
For Vodafone, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Vodafone looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Vodafone :
1. Vodafone is one of the most popular cellular service provider across the world 2. Vodafone has over 1000,000+ employees globally 3. The company provides landline, mobile telephony, digital TV services etc 4. Vodafone has a very high brand visibility and strong brand recall 5. Strong advertising with ZooZoo concepts made Vodafone ads very popular 6. Tieup with international sports like FormulaOne and other popular sporting events
7. Vodafone has its presence in 150+ countries and services more than 470 million customers
8. Diverse services like payment options (m-Pesa), mHealth services, foundation etc are provided
10. Provides movies, music etc through various Vodafone apps
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Vodafone SWOT Analysis:
1.Being a global brand, the company comes under constant vigilance from global authorities
2. Vodafone has to constantly fight for market share with competitors due to price wars
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Vodafone SWOT Analysis:
1.Fast expanding cellular market globally can be tapped by Vodafone 2.Latest and low cost technology can help the brand grow
3.Untapped rural market can be a huge potential for Vodafone
4. Focus on MNP can help convert competitor customers to their network
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Vodafone are as mentioned:
1. New entrant's low price offering affects Vodafone's margins 2. Saturation point in getting new customers would eventually differentiate only on service 3. Mobile Number Portability to other competitors can reduce subscriber base
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 11 competitors of Vodafone:
People with smartphones looking for high speed internet and good mobile services
Urban & tier2 middle and upper class segment
Vodafone is positioned as a data strong telecom service provider with excellence in services globally
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vodafone. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute