Starwood Hotels and Resorts SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Starwood Hotels and Resorts analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Starwood Hotels and Resorts SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Starwood Hotels and Resorts to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Starwood Hotels and Resorts is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Starwood Hotels and Resorts SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Starwood Hotels and Resorts competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Luxury brand that offers a huge range of services through different brands.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts STP
Luxury, Upscale, Vacation ownership, Resorts
Business Travellers, Leisure Travellers, Families, Honeymooners
One of the world's largest hotel and leisure companies
SWOT Analysis of Starwood Hotels and Resorts
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Starwood Hotels and Resorts:
1. Successful social media campaigns and increasing revenue through digital media 2. Starwood is an extremely versatile brand. Every brand under this umbrella has its unique branding. 3. 1100+ hotels in around 100 countries through 9 different brands
4. The brand “Elementy” is the first LEED-certified hotel brand since it integrates green design, construction and operational practices that make the business sustainable as well as profitable
5. The mere number of locations increases loyalty to brand
6. Their loyalty program is the world’s most award-winning guest loyalty program
7. Has an employee strength of nearly 150,000
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Starwood Hotels and Resorts SWOT Analysis:
1. Stock prices decline has been a concern
2. Strong presence in US but globally Starwood is still not as recognised
3. No mid-market or budget projects. Reduced spending capacity has impacted the choice of hotels.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Starwood Hotels and Resorts SWOT Analysis:
1. Vacation ownership is a growing market 2. Digitalized media has gone big and has become a new source of revenue for companies 3. Economic downturn has reduced spending capacity, travellers are looking for offers or packages that might help them cut their cost down without really having an impact on the travelling experience
4. Diverse target markets
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Starwood Hotels and Resorts are as mentioned:
1. Constant political disturbances across the globe (in India) 2. Most hospitality giants are venturing into new emerging markets, increasing competitive pressure.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Competition
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Starwood Hotels and Resorts:
1. Wyndham Worldwide 2. Marriott International 3. InterContinental Hotels
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Starwood Hotels and Resorts. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute