FedEx SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of FedEx, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like FedEx to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. FedEx is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the FedEx SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the FedEx SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For FedEx, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of FedEx looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of FedEx :
1. Fedex is one of the largest transport, logistics & courier companies in the world
2. Fedex has been a pioneer in the shipping, freight & delivery domain since it started in 1971
3. The company has more than 600,000 employees worldwide
4. The company has a strong financial position on NYSE, S&P and annual revenues are approximately $140 billion
5. The company has its main cargo hubs in USA and Hong Kong
6. Acquisition of several logistics, transport and ecommerce brands have strengthened its position
7. Fedex aims to do its business operations via a environmental friendly & sustainable model by including electric vans
8. The company also looks after several business logistics & supply chain management for the US government
9. Fedex is one of the most recognized brands in the world
10. The brand engages in good marketing activities via digital marketing, online ads, mobile app, TV commercials, print ads, sponsorships and more
11. The company has its operations & presence in more than 200 countries
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the FedEx SWOT Analysis:
1. Being a global brand, the company is vulnerable to lawsuits & policies of that country
2. Since this is a competitive segment, the market share growth is limited
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in FedEx SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage their presence in all countries to build a robust domestic network of supply chain
2. Challenging competitors through mergers and acquisitions can help Fedex grow inorganically
3. Tie-up with ecommerce startups & enterprises to increase their business
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of FedEx are as mentioned:
1. Rising fuel prices & economic policies could impact the profit of Fedex
2. Varying market demand can lead to seasonality or loss in business
3. Vulnerable to increasing reach by major competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of FedEx:
1. United Parcel Service (UPS)
5. Blue Dart
6. DB Schenker
7. Kuehne Nagel
Hence this concludes the FedEx SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Logistics, shipping, freight & delivery
Relax, it’s FedEx; The world on time
World’s largest airline in terms of freight tons flown
Businesses that require to send parcels & couriers
Enterprises who want to send individual or multiple parcels, packages or other goods
One of the world's largest cargo air fleet
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to FedEx. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us