American Airlines SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of American Airlines, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
American Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the American Airlines SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of American Airlines looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of American Airlines :
1. Strong Hub in Dallas/Fort Worth
2. Advantage recognized as the best customer loyalty program
3. Strong Brand image, Started many new routes since 2010
4. Strong image for onboard entertainment content
5. Wide reach with over 250 destinations with a strong fleet size of 600 carriers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the American Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Financial position is a cause for concern
2. Losing out market share to LCCs and other competitive players
Read more about American Airlines
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in American Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage on code share agreement with a number of airlines
2. Capitalization on growth of HDTV
3. More international destinations on popular routes
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of American Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Increasing Fuel Costs and Increasing Labor Costs
2. Pressure from regulation bodies and govt policies
3. Low fare service providers
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the American Airlines SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About American Airlines
|American Airlines Overview|
Be yourself. Nonstop; We know why you fly
Excellent quality of onboard entertainment
|American Airlines STP|
Customers preferring comfort/punctuality
Middle class/Upper middleclass
Premium American Airlines
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to American Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us