Delta Airlines SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Delta Airlines, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Delta Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the Delta Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Delta Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Delta Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Delta Airlines :
1. Delta airlines is a leading airlines company based out of USA, with a strong legacy since 1925
2. Delta airlines has a very strong brand equity and brand presence, not only in USA but also more than 50 destinations it travels to globally
3. The airlines operates about 5000 flights every day between very important destinations within USA as well as international locations
4. The airline company has a strong employee force of over 90,000 people
5. Delta airlines has a fleet size of over 700 carriers to 250+ destinations
6. The company has a strong loyalty program for its customers known as SkyMiles, Delta Sky Club and Sky Bonus
7. The airlines has a good online presence via video content, online ads and digital marketing
8. Delta airlines has a code share agreement with several international airlines which helps its customers travel globally
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Delta Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Heavy competition from domestic and international carriers means market share growth is limited
2. Huge dependence of business on American customers means limited customer share
Read more about Delta Airlines
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Delta Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing operations to other cities within the USA can increase its business
2. Global flights and internal expansion can help ramp up the business for Delta airlines
3. Alliances with global airlines to offer international air travel at affordable prices
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Delta Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Flight operating costs might increase and leading to loss of margins for Delta Airlines
2. Increase in fuel prices can lead to lesser profits for the airline
3. Changing economic policies, recessions & pandemics can affect aviation sector, thereby impacting overall revenue
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Delta Airlines:
Hence this concludes the Delta Airlines SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Delta Airlines Overview|
Delta Airlines Inc.
Keep Climbing; Change is: Delta; One Great Airline; Good Goes around; We Love to Fly and it Shows; Delta gets you there
World's Largest and America's oldest operating Airline
|Delta Airlines STP|
Passengers preferring reliability, safety and comfort
Frequent Business travelers, Middle class/Upper middle class
'Passenger's Airline' for US Travelers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Delta Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us