Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Delta Airlines analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Delta Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Delta Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Delta Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Delta Airlines competitors and includes Delta Airlines target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Keep Climbing; Change is:Delta; One Great Airline; Good Goes around; We Love to Fly and it Shows; Delta gets you there;
World's Largest and America's oldest operating Airline
Delta Airlines STP
Delta Airlines Segmentation
Passengers preferring reliability, safety and comfort
Delta Airlines Target Market
Frequent Business travelers, Middle class/Upper middle class
Delta Airlines Positioning
' Passenger's Airline '
Delta Airlines SWOT Analysis
Delta Airlines Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Delta Airlines:
1. Strategic merger of Northwest Airlines 2. Strong Brand Equity and brand presence 3. Strong hub in Atlanta
4. It has near about 5000 flights every day
5. Has a strong employee force of over 75,000 people
6. A fleetsize of over 700 caters to 250+ destinations
Delta Airlines Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Delta Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Overdependence on the North American market 2. High debt obligations causing financial issues
Delta Airlines Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Delta Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage on SkyMiles, Delta is the only airlines to have no expiration date of the extra miles offered 2. Capitalize on growing market for aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) 3. Delta is well positioned to capitalize on growing US regional airline industry
Delta Airlines Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Delta Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Intense Competition 2. Reputation damage as Delta was rated worst airline by USNews.com 2010 3. Hike in fuel prices
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Delta Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the Brand or Add a New One : Contribute to BrandGuide